Dog For You!
Please seriously consider the following questions before applying to adopt.
1. Are you aware that an adult dog can learn and bond just as well, and often better, than a puppy?
2. Does everyone in your immediate family want and dog and understand the commitment required to provide a safe environment, medical care, feeding, training, exercise, and attention for the animal?
3. If you have young children, have you considered the time, attention, and costs a puppy/new pet will require? Do you understand that you will ultimately be the primary caretaker of the pet?
4. Have you considered who will care for your pet when you are on vacation or away from home for an extended period of time?
5. If you have a pet now, have you considered whether your current pet will accept a new pet into your household?
6. Has your family talked about what each one expects and desires from a pet and do you have a general idea of what type of personality you are looking for?
7. Have you considered the activity level of your family and an acceptable activity level of a pet?
8. If you a considering a particular dog, have you researched its breed characteristics and whether they will be a fit for your family? This is important even if it is a mixed breed.
9. Are you willing to accept a 10 to 15 year commitment that will substantially affect your way of life?
10. After all is said and done, it’s the beauty within, not without, that is everlasting.